Monday, October 29, 2012

BLOG STATISTICS - Non-political

Quick Post - Mildly Interesting

I check the blog statistics at least once a day to see if there are any comments I need to respond to, and to see if anybody is reading the posts.  What I'm finding is mildly interesting, and, if I were reading a new blog like this, I'd find these stats somewhat interesting - to see who else is reading what I'm reading.  So here they are as of last night ->

I've received very few comments and very few "Reactions" checkmarks (at the bottom of each post).  It makes me wonder if anyone is reading what I write.  Maybe I'm not really accomplishing my goal to help people make a more informed vote. 

But then I see the stats, and it's amazing to me that there are viewers from 4 foreign countries (20 views) and over 450 views total, and those viewers are using a variety of browsers and computer types (Windows, iPhone, Macs, Blackberry, etc).

I'm sure a lot of those hits are from searches on keywords, and if they get to this blog, they see it's not what they were looking for, and go on to the next item in the search results list.  That is, they don't actually read the blog but it counts as a "view."  It would be nice if the stats would show how long a viewer stays on the site, and from what state they are viewing it (since I was sort of targeting the swing states).

I'd hoped this would be a way to engage in conversations with people I might never meet, to share (both ways) info and perspectives.  But, with people so busy, and weary of the political conversation (or argument), I guess the dearth of comments is not surprising.

Anyway, it's nothing to toot a horn about, but I thought the stats might be interesting.

I plan to get the next post (on the candidates' own Plans) out today.

"Thatch"

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Post a Comment:
1. Type your comment in the large box. Comments accept at least 3500 characters, including multiple spaces and CRs ("Enter" keypresses).
2. Select a login account that you have, or pick "Anonymous."
3. Pick "Preview" and/or "Publish."